Wednesday 20 July 2011

Testies Survival Kit: Sewing Kit

ITEM USED: Sewing Kit
COUNTRY USED IN: Everywhere!
CHALLENGE OVERCOME: All things that needed sewing.


I have used the sewing kit in my Testies Survival Kit more than any other item. Here is a list of what it's been used for:

Sewing button back on Sean's shorts
Putting button back on my trousers
Sewing the bottom of an elephant (toy made in Malawi given as gift to Niece and Nephew)



Sewing a 'hook' into Sean's 20p hat from Thailand so that I could clip it onto a bag so that we didn't leave it behind. This hook eventually wore out so I replaced it with a better one using part of a ribbon from Brazil given to us as a friendship bracelet by Gustav on the Trans-Siberian.



Sewing up my shorts after I ripped them on a protruding nail on a chair
Fixing a seam in Sean's 'Jesus Shirt'

And had it not been in the stolen backpacks, I would have also used it to sew up my only pair of trousers after I ripped those on a protruding nail also, and sewed up the top of the bag we bought from PEP to carry the few items we then had left after it came apart within hours of purchase. As it was I had to pay one of the many men on the streets of Mozambique with old Singer machines to fix the bag which cost me more than the bag itself as he happened not to have change (surprise!).

Best Testies Survival Kit item? Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment