Friday 8 July 2011

Testies Survival Kit: Safety Pin

ITEM USED: Safety Pin
COUNTRY USED IN: Mozambique
CHALLENGE OVERCOME: Bridget Jones Moments

There are times we've had to travel on the back of pick-ups. At these times my little green handkerchief that I've been using to tame my hair just hasn't cut the mustard, despite generous efforts.

It was on a pick-up journey from Namiala to Pemba that I discovered a use for my safety pins in my trusted Testies Survival Kit.


As well as the handkerchief, I could put up the hood on the blue fleece donated to me by Carol in Cape Town.... and use the safety pins to hold the hood in place in the gale force winds!



Dear Readers, this is probably the best use of a survival kit item I have made to date. I might have looked light a tool on the journey, but I arrived with hair that didn't resemble Bridget Jones' on her arrival to country getaway with Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant).


Well done safety pin, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment