Saturday 16 July 2011

Testies Survival Kit: Fishing Line

ITEM USED: Fishing Line
COUNTRY USED IN: Mozambique
CHALLENGE OVERCOME: Hunger

Mozambique is famed for its seafood. So of course, I had to use the fishing line from my wonderful Testies Survival Kit to hook myself some of that!


First I had to figure out how to put the thing together! Turns out that the hooks get tied onto the clear wire. Then you have to tie in one of the balls as a weight a few inches above the hook. Then to the end of the fishing wire you tie one of the 'spinners' (the little metal clasps) to prevent the wire from tangling. Then you tie the rope to the other end of the spinner and hey presto, you're all set to go.


Off I set onto my dhow into the mangroves of Ibo Island. And waited. And waited.


Of course, sometimes you don't catch fish:


But then, sometimes you do:



And sometimes you just cheat and buy them when you get home:


However you get hold of it, the seafood in Mozambique is worth the effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment