Wednesday 7 July 2010

Testies - I love you!

I said goodbye today to my best friend, Issy. I haven't cried that much in public ever. I was that person on the tube in floods of tears under her sunglasses that everyone wanted to avoid.
Then I came home, went to Blacks and had some retail therapy with Drew and Kylie's amazing gift voucher (and the Blacks super sale!).
After that it was a trip to the Temperance near Putney Bridge tube for drinks with the Monday netball crew. And wow - I was so shocked by my gifts. Ben would have been proud of the head band wind-up torch (he said this was invaluable for hostel staying), also a wind up mobile phone charger thingy (awesome) and a survival pack of water purifying tablets, glow stick, flint, matches, sewing kit, compass, fishing line/hooks, pencil etc - all in a personally engraved "Testies" tin (we're called "The Test Eagles" in case you hadn't guessed).
Again - I was in tears on the bus home - just too much kindness. People are really lovely.
Expect for middle-height man Kath - he was a prat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment