Sunday 4 July 2010

Bon Voyage!

Our leaving party / engagement do was on Saturday.
This is where life really starts to get hard (for good reasons).
We went to the Hole in the Wall pub, just up the road from our lovely flat in Chiswick. A pretty good turn out for London standards - made up of 5 main groups, my Muzicall work mates, my Tuesday netball team, my AP chums, my family and close friends of ours.
I had the sincere pleasure of meeting (finally!) my close cousin Jon's girlfriend, Sally. And she's really lovel. :)
I was also completely bowled over by how nice people can be.
Drew and Kylie (Sean went to Uni with Drew, and I know them equally as friends) were very generous with vouchers for a travel store place. Lyndsay (my oldest friend) gave more shopping vouchers to add to them. We also got some amazing wedding help offers which will be fantastic to cash in on our return.
Did I mention it also went on until 5am???
After the Hole in the Wall, we went back to our Chiswick flat. We had 16 beers in the fridge which we knew wasn't enough. So Sean bought a case of Becks from the local off-y. At 1am this supply was getting low, so an online order went in for more beer. At 3am a crate of Fosters arrived.... and after that I learned how important sausages were to the balance of the human race (or at least those with the munchies).
At 5am, I learned that my sister loves her husband (quote "I want to share our bed together") and I learned that taxi drivers need to know how many passengers they are taking when they quote you prices and that if you haggle apparently you get 50% off the difference. I also learned that my neighbours are the most tolerant of any I have ever met to put up with 80s classic anthem singing until 4am from my living room with the garden doors open and most of us joining in.
It's also where i got the first glimpse of how lovely people are and how many wonderful friends I really have.
Thank you to all of you for celebrating with Sean and I - we will miss each and every one of you.
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment