Friday 10 December 2010

Testies Survival Kit: Glow Stick

ITEM USED: Glow Stick
COUNTRY USED IN: Thailand
CHALLENGE OVERCOME: Full Moon Party

Thailand's Full Moon Parties are legendary amongst "da yoof". Sean and I are now over 30, but we felt it wise to try to recapture our "yoof".

So with the testies survival kit glow stick in hand we headed to the islands of southern Thailand with the intentions of joining in the glow in the dark, luminescent festivities and vomiting.

I lit the glow stick and started partying...



I partied hard until nightfall.


Then I realised something. Where where my fellow companions? I was so engrossed in being a "yoof" that I hadn't noticed that I was all alone in party land.


I looked at the moon...


Only to find...


It wasn't exactly 'full':


The moon did make a great impression of the Cheshire Cat on Sean's shoulder though:


* Due to budget restrictions this post was not filmed on Ko Pha Ngan where the Full Moon Parties historically take place, but instead at a cheaper location of Phuket. All characters depicted are fictional except for the "yoof" who are indeed crazy enough to get into day-glow paint and vomit. Please see Facebook pictures from Matt Emery of Newcastle, UK for proof.

1 comment:

  1. nutter! Might have to review this whole best friend thing!!! x

    ReplyDelete