Friday 31 December 2010

Feliz Navidad a todos

This part of our trip was all about my sister and her two children. My sister is incredibly important to me and I loved being able to spend these days with her, Glen, Zac and Scarlett.

Zac has grown! He is shooting up like a bean-pole! He is talking in proper sentences and has the cutest posh English accent at times (this will be an Aussie twang the next time I see him - hee hee!). He has a great imagination and watching him pretend is brilliant fun! Trying to find crabs in rock pools on the beach was so funny. We played monsters/wolves for ages in all the parks and he loved it when I chased and scared him. Reading stories to him at bedtime are very special when Zac cuddles up to you. He loves playing on trains and my favourite moment was going on the train ride with him in the dinosaur park at Torreveija. Was great to watch him get more and more confident on the slides and climbing frames.


Scarlett was a baby when we left and this was a real chance for me to get to know her. She's a real bruiser - she'll bump and bang and not even flinch - but is a complete beauty. Her big brother is her inspiration, everything he does you'll see her trying to copy. You can see her brain processing movements and learning new things (up the step, down the step, up the step, down the step). She took a real shine to Uncky Sean too! There was always room for a cuddle or 'walkies' with Uncky Sean. Can't wait to see how she grows!


We had a lovely Christmas day together (thanks again to Aunty Kate and Bill for our brilliant Christmas hamper of goodies). Putting the sherry, mince pie and carrot out for Father Christmas and Rudolph and then singing carols before putting the kids to bed will be a memory I'll always cherish. The shocking photos of me at 6am the next morning, I won't. But watching Zac jump up and down in excitement at getting a Buzz Lightyear was brilliant and worth getting up for. And Scarlett is quite contented most of the time so was more than adorable to watch opening her presents and, of course, playing with the wrapping rather than the gift.


Besides the children and Christmas Day, I'll remember the Fish and Chips at the Witchery, less than 1 pound bottles of wine, that Spanish towns cater really well for children by always having a playground right in the center, football at P60, Orihuela and its pretty cathedral, churches and buildings, the mountains, the dinosaur park, the bouncy castle.

But we have to say goodbye to my sister until the wedding and we will now be heading back to the UK which we'll explain in the next blog. Good luck with the move Jillo. I'll be thinking of you and hope you and your family settle into your new home really quickly.

Here are the pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment