Wednesday 18 May 2011

A Helpful Tip From The Sean

Hi kids!

Sometimes, over the course of travelling, you learn some really useful stuff. You might learn how to catch a fish with your bare hands, or to light a fire without matches, or how to identify what fruits are good to eat and which ones will kill you.

I learned something useful recently, and I'd like to share it with you all. When you're carrying two large tables, always make sure they are locked square in place with each other and that there is no chance whatsoever that one of them could slip off square, out of your grip and land on your toe. I can't stress this enough.

I'd like to say that I brushed off the unfortunate incident with a mild wince and a stoic determination to proceed. What actually happened is that I screamed like a harpy and swore like a trooper. With Tourette's. In fact, when it first happened I didn't dare look down because I actually feared my toe wasn't going to be there.

Thankfully the outcome wasn't quite so drastic, but the pain was utterly excruciating, the toe solidly crushed and mangled, and my ability to walk without a limp put on hold indefinitely.

I'll let you know how it progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment