Tuesday 14 June 2011

Testies Survival Kit: Whistle

ITEM USED: Whistle
COUNTRY USED IN: Lesotho
CHALLENGE OVERCOME: Herding Beasts

Lesotho is famed for its ponies, who are often being ridden by blanket wrapped Basotho whilst they climb up and down the mountainous areas.

And it's also something of a status symbol to own cows here (it used to be goats, maybe burgers are now more popular here, I don't know?).

So it made sense to me to utilize the whistle from my Testies Survival Kit to help these cowboys out in their daily routines.

So, I got myself onto a pony and headed off into the countryside:


I put whistle to mouth and blew, in the hope of attracting lots of cows by way of assisting the local herdsmen:


I blew and I blew, but nothing seemed to come:


Until I was suddenly knocked off my pony by a blurred mass:



It appears the only thing my Testies Survival Kit whistle attracts are the local canines.... I wonder if they're worth as much as a cow?


No comments:

Post a Comment